Monday, September 1, 2014

Nothing Between



Job 11:13-15 "If you want to set your heart right, then pray to Him. If you're holding on to sin, put it far away, and don't let injustice live in your tent. Then you will be able to show your face without being ashamed, and you will be secure and unafraid."-- God's Word translation

I do not want to live a life that is constantly tugging between what my flesh may want and what my spirit needs. I want to be true to God who created me and be in a relationship with Christ, where I know that I am pleasing Him. (Psalm 111:10) I have a reverent fear for my God, and the last thing I want to is to be separated from Him again. I want to obey Him and what He has ordered for my life because I want to worship Him and give Him all glory. I do not want to feel the guilt and shame of what this natural life can bring or even more feel separated from Christ. I desire to walk in the way the Lord has shown me to walk, that is within His Spirit's leading in my life. If I am not pleasing to Jesus, then I am of no worth to this world. To walk by the Holy Spirit's guiding is to be wise, to live in the order that God created us to live. Spirit first, then soul, then body (1 Thessalonians 5:23). We too often get it wrong and allow what our body wants to be the first thing we give into. Our soul we guard a little bit more, but if we allow the wrong influences into our lives it is not soon that even on the emotional, level we begin to give in and cave to thinking we are o.k. When in-fact we are not o.k. we have stepped out of communication with Christ, the one who we should be our constant dependence. And our spiritual life becomes dormant.  Then we become dependent on our own abilities, which will never work out how God intended it (Jeremiah 29:11). But the awesome thing is, is that all we have to do is hand everything over to God, walk away from whatever our sins maybe, look to Christ for everything. Allow Him to have control of your life. How many wouldn't want to just let someone fix everything that is wrong? That is what Jesus wants to do for us, fix everything broken and hurt inside. He wants to make us whole where we ourselves, or maybe someone else has done damage.  We are able to feel joy again, true happiness, and peace but its because we are looking to God and not to ourselves. His ways are so much more then our ways could ever become. With God, hard times are still hard, but you know with no doubt He will see you through it. Honor Christ in all you do, and when you mess up, or fall, stand back up..ask forgiveness, and begin to walk once more with God. He will never leave, He is the one constant.

No comments:

Post a Comment