Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Take It

Hurt is what this feeling is, loss at something never gained
Energy spent someplace that has only caused pain
Left wondering and waiting
Looking on as all hope is dissipating
Finished giving, only to be taken
Never again to be mistaken
Hope in God above is what remains
Take me in, let me not be the same
I want more then what is at hand
Want to sit at Your feet, look towards the promise land
To take this emptiness that has haunted for so long
Take away, take it to someplace gone
Fill the void with Your perfect peace
Fill me Lord, let all else cease
Let nothing in this world matter ever again
Take this as I mark it paper and pen
My vision is blurred by these tears I cry
You wipe them when I look to the sky
Want to be free to sing and dance
Ready Father for Your romance
Seeing that You are the only one faithful
And to set me free, You are the one able
Not looking for anything but You
Seeking Jesus to see me through

No comments:

Post a Comment