Thursday, August 28, 2014

Christ is Always There

I love walking, it is one of my favorite things to do, I can walk for miles on end. I love being able to go where ever my feet lead, have time to talk to God, and also just to take in the beautiful creation that He has given us to enjoy. I love the feeling of the sun beating down on my skin and the breeze that comes, I enjoy the smell of outside and the fresh air. My dog   comes with me every time, but sometimes she gets tired before I do, she will plop herself down on the grass and look up at me like she is telling me "I don't want to go anymore". So I will pick her up and carry her for a while till she is ready to go again. As we were walking today she did this and the thought occurred to me that this is what Christ does with us. He wants us to be in such a close relationship with Him that we know His heart and know what choices and decisions He would have us to make in any given circumstance. Sometimes we get it right sometimes we get it wrong. (Praise Him for His grace when we get it wrong). But sometimes He sees that we are stuck, and crying out looking up saying "Lord, I can't go anymore, I don't know where, or what to do. I'm tired, I need You right now." It is always at that point of complete dependence upon Christ that He sees our purity of heart and knows that we are calling out to Him because we have faith and trust that He is there to lift us up into His arms and carry us, take us to the point where we can walk again and set us down to go about life. But He is always there, never leaves even when we feel like He isn't hearing us, or listening, He is still there. Sometimes its simply a quite time to allow us to grow in our own faith and to see that by trusting Him even when we don't see, or hear, we still know He is faithful and will show up right when we need Him. A faithful heart is one that will praise Him through everything, the good, the bad, everything. When life hits rock bottom, you are not only crying out to Him. But you are Praising Him for all that He is. When life is at its peak and everything is going amazing, you don't forget Him, you Praise Him for all that He is. We were created to worship Him, and love Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment